After his work with Palais Schaumburg (I am sure you have at least the two LPs!) Holger Hiller concentrated on his ouevre as an artist, but never really leaving POP. I think Johnny, Du Lump was his only ever "Hit".Here you get the album "Ein Bündel Fäulnis in der Grube" from 1983/4 and "Oben im Eck" from 1986. They show pretty well how he pre-used sampling technology long before anybody talked about it. There was the Fairlight (I am sure it is on these two, I just found out that he used an Emulator 1 he rented here but there is something else in using it creatively!
I really like these LPs, that were combined on CDSTUMM38. I'm not sure if it is Japanese, but it has the WAVE imprint.
Holger Hiller - Oben im Eck (1986) & Ein Bündel Fäulnis in der Grube (1984)
Kommentare
Nun hab ich sie auch als mp3s -
viele Greetz from OL to WHV
Rod