Direkt zum Hauptbereich

John Cale live 1983

Hello, I'm back again. Other things to do, some trouble with my internet provider, such were things that kept me from posting.
My first "new" post is a fantastic live performance by the great John Cale from March 7th 1983 in the Markthalle in Hamburg. Just him solo with his guitar and piano, very intense, but also very charming as he was in pretty good mood, joked with the audience and seemed to have a good time himself. Until then I had only heard very little by John Cale, but after this concert I was hooked. I have seen him a few times since then, mostly solo but 2003 he played a free open-air in Oldenburg with a band.

The sound quality is pretty good as it was later broadcasted on NDR 2.

John Cale live 07.03.1983, Markthalle Hamburg part 1

John Cale live 07.03.1983, Markthalle Hamburg part 2

The second post is a performance John Cale gave in the studios of BFBS in Cologne on February 5th 1984 in Alan Bangs' show Nightflight. It's not the complete show, only a few songs, among them also a Jonathan Richman song and "Song to the siren" by This Mortal Coil (played on 33rpm!), but that's what was on the tape.

John Cale live 05.02.1984, BFBS

Tracklists are in the comments!

Looking through my CD archive I found another live recording by John Cale: Fragments of a rainy season. This was released 1992 by Hannibal/Rykodisk. I don't know when and where it was recorded, but there also is a DVD of the same title but with a different tracklist...
The sound quality is perfect. This time I encoded the files with mp3pro at 96 kbps, so don't be worried when you see that rate.

John Cale - Fragments of a rainy season live 1992


For a change I tried DivShare this time, post your experience, if something does not work.

Kommentare

Jörg hat gesagt…
Some songs are not titled correctly in the zip file,
here are the correct titles (my wrong ones in brackets).

John Cale 07.03.83
01 Ghost story (Gallagher says)
02 Old crack looking glass
03 Ship of fools
04 Leaving it up to you
05 Amsterdam
06 Piano interlude
07 Child's Christmas in Wales
08 Antarctica starts here
09 Taking it all away
10 Riverbank
11 Paris 1919 (You're a ghost)
12 B flat
13 Chinese envoy
14 Thoughtless kind
15 Only time will tell
16 Cable Hogue
17 Dead or alive
18 Waiting for the man
19 Heartbreak Hotel (Hold me down)
20 Pablo Picasso
21 Chorale (The light of the living)
22 Fear is a man's best friend
23 Close watch
24 Buffalo ballet (Abilene)
25 Streets of Laredo/ Buffalo ballet

The last song actually belongs to :
John Cale 05.02.84
01 A child's Christmas in Wales
02 I'm walking by Jonathan Richman
03 Will Powers supporters
04 Heartbreak Hotel
05 Close watch
06 Acoustic guitar
07 Where there's a will/Hedda Gabler
08 Waiting for my man/Song for the siren by This Mortal Coil (wrong speed)
Anonym hat gesagt…
"Song to the Siren" is a Tim Buckley cover, isn't it? Thanks for making this available!
herr k. hat gesagt…
Hallo Jörg,

zum zweiten Teil des Hamburger Konzerts sagt mediafire immer, die Datei sei auf ihren Servern nicht vorhanden.
Jörg hat gesagt…
Laut meiner fileliste müsste das eigentlich noch da sein. Falls das bis morgen nicht klappt, muss ich das wohl noch mal hochladen...
herr k. hat gesagt…
Danke!

Siehe auch Screenshot:

http://www.freeimagehost.eu/image/7c3f65315785
herr k. hat gesagt…
Der Fehler tritt leider weiter auf. En Re-Upload wäre klasse.

Danke!

Das BFBS-Solokonzert hat magische Momente.
art58koen hat gesagt…
Great concert, thanx!
Anonym hat gesagt…
Hi - Thanks SO much for posting this but I can't seem to get the second part to download, it keeps coming up with an error message - any chance of fixing the link or re-upping again. Thanks!!!
Anonym hat gesagt…
Sadly, the second link doesn't seem to be working.

Any chance of a re-up so I can finish downloading this superb performance?

Many thanks,

Mr Ray
Anonym hat gesagt…
It's GOOD to see you back !
(I've been looking everyday since you left, and listened again and again to The Smiths'live.)
John Cale is always better in his solo performances. (Oh, the second link still seems to be invalid, I'm afraid you will have to re-re-up.)
Jorg is a man's best friend !

Sylvain
Anonym hat gesagt…
I'm looking forward to listening to this! Thanks!
Anonym hat gesagt…
Thanks for coming back!
Anonym hat gesagt…
Another live Cale. And a collector's item too, judging from the prices I see on Amazon. Don't we love you all!
Anonym hat gesagt…
Viele Dank fuer das Hamburger Konzert. Meine alte Aufnahme war total abgenutzt. Jetzt kann ich es endlich wieder geniessen. You're the best.
Anonym hat gesagt…
Thanks very much for this.

The first bootleg is slowed down. The speed can be fixed by using a freeware program called "Audacity".

Will be learning how to use it as I fix this one, and a Leonard Cohen bootleg that is too fast!

Mark
Anonym hat gesagt…
Thank you very much for this excellent material. I will be visiting your blog regularly to expand my collection.
Anonym hat gesagt…
Thank you for the concerts of Mr. John Cale! Do you know eggcityradio.com - there I've found other Cale-Files and I'm just trying to add the missung second part from "Rockpalast" in Essen 1984 (with a very slow upload-speed) - I hope it will be there this evening.

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Indie Scene 1981 + 1982 + 1983 + 1984 + 1985 + 1986

As I will be away for a while here are the missing episodes of this wonderful series of compilations that really shows the diversity of 80s Indie music. All CD rips 192 kb, tracklists in the comments. I had to split most in two parts as they were slightly over 100 MB. Part 1 is on RS, part 2 is on Mediafire. Indie Scene 1981 file 1 Indie Scene 1981 file 2 Indie Scene 1982 file 1 Indie Scene 1982 file 2 Indie Scene 1983 file 1 Indie Scene 1983 file 2 Indie Scene 1984 file 1 Indie Scene 1984 file 2 Indie Scene 1985 file 1 Indie Scene 1985 file 2 Indie Scene 1986 You find 1977 + 78 here and 1979 + 80 here

Hallo liebe 14 Leser,

obwohl hier schon seit Ewigkeiten nichts mehr passiert ist, scheint ihr ausgehalten zu haben... Das lag unter anderem an etwas Auf und Ab in meinem Leben. Mittlerweile gibt es wieder etwas Konstanz, neue Posts kann ich allerdings nicht versprechen, da inzwischen auch mein Plattenspieler den Geist aufgegeben hat. Zudem ist bei einem Versuch die Partitionsgröße auf einer HD zu ändern auch der grösste Teil meines Archivs auf dem PC dahin. Hier ist allerdngs ein Film, bei dem jedem Plattensammler das Herz aufgehen sollte. Ich weiss nicht, wie es mit dem bösen C aussieht, denke aber, da er einer von uns ist geht das ok. Sind ca. 700MB aber jedes bit wert! In Zukunft möchte ich gerne sowohl SARAH-Vinyl als auch alte StreetSounds und Electro Platten anbieten. Diese Kombination klingt vielleicht etwas komisch, aber denkt an Age of Chance! Ich hoffe, ich bekomme meinen Phono/Receiver wieder in Gang. Wer in Bielefeld und Umgebung Ahnung davon hat ist jederzeit willkommen! Temporaril...
Hi, Erstellt ein globales Archiv! Findet alles über die 80er heraus. Wie es wirklich war. Wie Ihr sie tatsächlich erlebt habt! Wenn man heute TV-Sendungen über diese Zeit sieht, gibt es nur Nena, Markus und eventuell Trio. Ansonsten aber Spider Murphy Gang, Hubert Kah und Joachim Witt. Der Likedeeler hat mich reaktiviert! Ich kann zwar momentan keine Platten online bringen, aber Cassetten habe ich noch einige! Ich würde mich freuen, wenn dies ein ähnliches Projekt werden könnte wie damals On-U/Adrian Sherwood mit Friend electric, leider scheint der nicht mehr aktiv zu sein. Durchkramt Eure Archive! Lasst Eure Erinnerungen raus! Ich habe schon mit einigen Geschichten in meinem Blog angefangen, jetzt seid ihr dran! Ich freue mich auf viele Kommentare und Uploads auf dem Link unten! Gerne auch alle möglichen Videos! Wo ist das Drei-Minuten-Ei von Lorenz Lorenz bzw. die ganze Sendung (zweiteilig ARD) und alles andere. Jörg   To all my English speaking friends:...