With this post I want to start a new rallye of posts on great and influential compilations already started last post!I start with Pillows & Prayers from Cherry Red ( I am not giving a direct link to them, maybe they would not like it...)
I was reminded again of this wonderful record by reading about it in old SCRITTI magazines from Hannover. After Sounds closed for miracolous reasons in 01/83 SCRITTI was an intermediate solution until SPEX was ready and also available in my region from 1985, unfortunately they did not last that long... , SCRITTI that was, SPEX is still alive, IS IT? (My subscription is running out in February...)
FAMEwas introduced! Great idea, I had just subscibed to SCRITTI, so I thought I had a new subscription, but there was only one mag delivered.
Threre were some interesting people involved in SCRITTI :
Tim Renner, Joachim Steinhöfel, a MartinF
Nevertheless P&P is a fantastic modern record containing something for everyone (unless you're a Hippie)
Five or Six, Monochrome Set, Thomas Leer, Tracey Thorn, Ben Watt, Kevin Coyne, Piero Milesi, Joe Crow, Marine Girls, Felt, Eyeless in Gaza, The Passage, Everything but the Girl, Attila the Stockbroker, The Misundestood, The Nightingales, Quentin Crisp
Pillows and prayers
Kommentare
Für mich gehörte diese Platte damals zu einem Dreigestirn: Mathilde Santing, Pillows & Prayers und Vic Godard And The Subway Sect mit "Songs For Sale".
Letzteren allerdings scheint wirklich niemand mehr zu kennen (er selbst beschloss übrigens irgendwann, aus dem Musikgeschäft auszusteigen und wurde Postbote).