Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Thank you Nena, happy 50th birthday!

This evening there was a show for and with Nena on german television celebrating her 50th birthday (although this was actually March 24th, can you believe it???). I enjoyed it a lot but it also brought back some bitter memories. I still remember the morning after her groundbreaking performance in Radio Bremen's Musikladen. Notorious for showing scantily clad girls performing to obscure dutch Disco, the show did not rate too high in our ranks. As there was not much competition in german tv, everybody watched it nevertheless

The morning after August 17, 1982 everybody was talking about that girl in the red leather mini skirt and her astonishing performance. She was absolutely new (although she later often enough showed us her Rolling Stones T-Shirts). Just being there having fun AND singing in german! And later on a lot of success!

I loved the song immediately with this picky synth and obviously proposed angular dance moves. nevertheless there also was this floating synth melody and then her voice. This was the feeling of youth! Everybody liked it, although I, being cool and underground, could not buy her record as it was just a cheap copy of what was happening in the underground with a little more crowd appeal (later more of these copies appeared even in the underground. No wonder they remained unknown). Finally I bought the first album in August 83 on the flea market where I had my own little stand selling stuff I would now like to have back.

As long as the hit singles were dropping from the production line everything was fine. In 84 I think the well dried up. I can not remember a Nena song after that except Wunder geschehen which should become an anthem of german reunification. I think nobody had noticed that song in 89 as Nena's success seemed to be in the past.

I still vividly remember the night of December 23, 1989 when for the first time it was possible to drive from Lichtenberg (BRD) to Salzwedel (DDR) as before just to Lüchow. My two brothers were also there for the holidays and after trimming the tree we and our parents went for a very special journey that had not been possible a few days earlier. Although I am now not sure it was conforming to international rules there were rumours that we could go east on 24.12.89 0:00. We were part of a long line of cars slowly moving eastwards! After we crossed the borderline "hell" broke lose! People banging on the roof cheering loudly and friendly! In Salzwedel we somehow arrived at the "Kulturhaus der Erdgasarbeiter" (Party home of the natural gas workers) if I remember it correctly. This was the local place for events. I cannot remember when my parents went back home but my brothers and I stayed ther till the early hours. I still remember the great feeling of simple joy and fun of that night. We were talking to people of our age who grew up a few kilometers too far east. It was easy to see we did not want the world, just our part of it. In that moment nobody thought of reunification, just the new possibilities of moving as everybody liked and meeting the "enemy".

That night in my brain is linked with Goldkrone (cheap brandy), Karo (cheap cigarettes) and Nena's wonderful song that was played several times "Wunder geschehen". Before that night I was not even sure if Nena was still among us not knowing that she even had a single out... Somehow we made it home with a Taxi from the GDR to the BRD! Unthinkable a few days earlier! Despite all problems that still exist, I am really glad that things developed this way. Therefore I cannot thank God as i Do not think he had enough influence to the thoughts of Michael Gorbatschow. We have to thank him for keeping it could cool even if he could have acted differently!

Listening to Nena's words in her voice that night in Salzwedel still sends shivers down my spine. Even during tonights TV show there were moments I had to sob...

So here it is:

Wunder geschehn

Nena has a great new record out now: more club Disco electronic, very cool at 50!

Kommentare

Grand Herold hat gesagt…
God damn it! I love Nena. With 50 years she is still the most adorable women in the world. Even Madonna is not as sexy is she is. But it is pretts strange that her birthday was celebrated after it actually was.
D.A.P hat gesagt…
God damn it! I love Nena. With 50 years she is still the most adorable women in the world. Even Madonna is not as sexy is she is. But it is pretts strange that her birthday was celebrated after it actually was

Posted by D.A.P | Montag, 6. Februar 2012 21:29:00 MEZ Pegboard Displayschords

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Indie Scene 1981 + 1982 + 1983 + 1984 + 1985 + 1986

As I will be away for a while here are the missing episodes of this wonderful series of compilations that really shows the diversity of 80s Indie music. All CD rips 192 kb, tracklists in the comments. I had to split most in two parts as they were slightly over 100 MB. Part 1 is on RS, part 2 is on Mediafire. Indie Scene 1981 file 1 Indie Scene 1981 file 2 Indie Scene 1982 file 1 Indie Scene 1982 file 2 Indie Scene 1983 file 1 Indie Scene 1983 file 2 Indie Scene 1984 file 1 Indie Scene 1984 file 2 Indie Scene 1985 file 1 Indie Scene 1985 file 2 Indie Scene 1986 You find 1977 + 78 here and 1979 + 80 here
Hi, Erstellt ein globales Archiv! Findet alles über die 80er heraus. Wie es wirklich war. Wie Ihr sie tatsächlich erlebt habt! Wenn man heute TV-Sendungen über diese Zeit sieht, gibt es nur Nena, Markus und eventuell Trio. Ansonsten aber Spider Murphy Gang, Hubert Kah und Joachim Witt. Der Likedeeler hat mich reaktiviert! Ich kann zwar momentan keine Platten online bringen, aber Cassetten habe ich noch einige! Ich würde mich freuen, wenn dies ein ähnliches Projekt werden könnte wie damals On-U/Adrian Sherwood mit Friend electric, leider scheint der nicht mehr aktiv zu sein. Durchkramt Eure Archive! Lasst Eure Erinnerungen raus! Ich habe schon mit einigen Geschichten in meinem Blog angefangen, jetzt seid ihr dran! Ich freue mich auf viele Kommentare und Uploads auf dem Link unten! Gerne auch alle möglichen Videos! Wo ist das Drei-Minuten-Ei von Lorenz Lorenz bzw. die ganze Sendung (zweiteilig ARD) und alles andere. Jörg   To all my English speaking friends:...

Hallo liebe 14 Leser,

obwohl hier schon seit Ewigkeiten nichts mehr passiert ist, scheint ihr ausgehalten zu haben... Das lag unter anderem an etwas Auf und Ab in meinem Leben. Mittlerweile gibt es wieder etwas Konstanz, neue Posts kann ich allerdings nicht versprechen, da inzwischen auch mein Plattenspieler den Geist aufgegeben hat. Zudem ist bei einem Versuch die Partitionsgröße auf einer HD zu ändern auch der grösste Teil meines Archivs auf dem PC dahin. Hier ist allerdngs ein Film, bei dem jedem Plattensammler das Herz aufgehen sollte. Ich weiss nicht, wie es mit dem bösen C aussieht, denke aber, da er einer von uns ist geht das ok. Sind ca. 700MB aber jedes bit wert! In Zukunft möchte ich gerne sowohl SARAH-Vinyl als auch alte StreetSounds und Electro Platten anbieten. Diese Kombination klingt vielleicht etwas komisch, aber denkt an Age of Chance! Ich hoffe, ich bekomme meinen Phono/Receiver wieder in Gang. Wer in Bielefeld und Umgebung Ahnung davon hat ist jederzeit willkommen! Temporaril...