Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Thank you Vancouver!

Congratulations to Canada and their Hockey team!

Last night I was switching channels and finally found the Olympics at Vancouver. The BIG FINAL! I am not a hockey afficionado although I really loved Slap Shot or Schlappschuss as it was called in Germany 

Thinking of my canadian relatives I thought I could watch this as well as anything else. But then it got hot. Canada was already leading 2-1 and I thought, Great, Gold Medal for Canada so they are leading the medal count (at least the european way, where gold medals count first!). But then time out USA, time out Canada, ok about 50 seconds to go, they will make it. I was thinking to myself how long these 50 seconds could be and then USA scored the equalizer! What a shock, but they had earned it!

Ice time....... opening another bottle, listening to the TV presenters,The re-start! To be honest, I could not look that fast or maybe it was because I do not have HiDef. I still have not really seen the goal. But what a relief!
Today I wore my Canada shirt with pride thinking of this great hockey game. Looking at the medal count (european version) Canada is No. 1 and Germany No 2. The US medal count sees them ahead with Germany at 2.

I prefer the european count with Canada at No. 1!!!!!!!

I am not quite sure if these are really the songs that fire up hockey fans, but I have to assume. There are some I like and some I loathe, make your picks...

2 Unlimited is ok, Iggy and The Ramones are perfect, KISS and BTO of course, Nickelback, Billy Talent, Tragically Hip, Barenaked Ladies, keep the locals busy, Tag Team, Elvis Costello for a little extra spice but Europe? Iron Maiden? Quiet Riot if you could have Slade? I do not mention Rednex. Inferior.

VA - Sounds of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games - Canada's Hockey anthems

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Indie Scene 1981 + 1982 + 1983 + 1984 + 1985 + 1986

As I will be away for a while here are the missing episodes of this wonderful series of compilations that really shows the diversity of 80s Indie music. All CD rips 192 kb, tracklists in the comments. I had to split most in two parts as they were slightly over 100 MB. Part 1 is on RS, part 2 is on Mediafire. Indie Scene 1981 file 1 Indie Scene 1981 file 2 Indie Scene 1982 file 1 Indie Scene 1982 file 2 Indie Scene 1983 file 1 Indie Scene 1983 file 2 Indie Scene 1984 file 1 Indie Scene 1984 file 2 Indie Scene 1985 file 1 Indie Scene 1985 file 2 Indie Scene 1986 You find 1977 + 78 here and 1979 + 80 here

Hallo liebe 14 Leser,

obwohl hier schon seit Ewigkeiten nichts mehr passiert ist, scheint ihr ausgehalten zu haben... Das lag unter anderem an etwas Auf und Ab in meinem Leben. Mittlerweile gibt es wieder etwas Konstanz, neue Posts kann ich allerdings nicht versprechen, da inzwischen auch mein Plattenspieler den Geist aufgegeben hat. Zudem ist bei einem Versuch die Partitionsgröße auf einer HD zu ändern auch der grösste Teil meines Archivs auf dem PC dahin. Hier ist allerdngs ein Film, bei dem jedem Plattensammler das Herz aufgehen sollte. Ich weiss nicht, wie es mit dem bösen C aussieht, denke aber, da er einer von uns ist geht das ok. Sind ca. 700MB aber jedes bit wert! In Zukunft möchte ich gerne sowohl SARAH-Vinyl als auch alte StreetSounds und Electro Platten anbieten. Diese Kombination klingt vielleicht etwas komisch, aber denkt an Age of Chance! Ich hoffe, ich bekomme meinen Phono/Receiver wieder in Gang. Wer in Bielefeld und Umgebung Ahnung davon hat ist jederzeit willkommen! Temporaril...
Hi, Erstellt ein globales Archiv! Findet alles über die 80er heraus. Wie es wirklich war. Wie Ihr sie tatsächlich erlebt habt! Wenn man heute TV-Sendungen über diese Zeit sieht, gibt es nur Nena, Markus und eventuell Trio. Ansonsten aber Spider Murphy Gang, Hubert Kah und Joachim Witt. Der Likedeeler hat mich reaktiviert! Ich kann zwar momentan keine Platten online bringen, aber Cassetten habe ich noch einige! Ich würde mich freuen, wenn dies ein ähnliches Projekt werden könnte wie damals On-U/Adrian Sherwood mit Friend electric, leider scheint der nicht mehr aktiv zu sein. Durchkramt Eure Archive! Lasst Eure Erinnerungen raus! Ich habe schon mit einigen Geschichten in meinem Blog angefangen, jetzt seid ihr dran! Ich freue mich auf viele Kommentare und Uploads auf dem Link unten! Gerne auch alle möglichen Videos! Wo ist das Drei-Minuten-Ei von Lorenz Lorenz bzw. die ganze Sendung (zweiteilig ARD) und alles andere. Jörg   To all my English speaking friends:...