Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Aztec Camera Live Milan 04.11.1984

As I still don't have my records back, you get some more tape recordings. While checking my stuff I found some tapes again I bought in London when I visited Matthias Hanich in 1987, see there. Expect some more of this for the next posts. This is the first.

Roddy Frame and his band Aztec Camera played live in Milan/Mailand Italy on November 04 1984. Since I recorded the tape last week I can not get these fantastic tunes out of my head, I am humming Matress and wires all the time, it still is that great! The sound quality is pretty good, I think this is a radio transmission. Here is the tracklist:

01 Matress of wire
02 Introduction
03 Lost outside the tunnel
04 Head is happy, heart's insane
05 Walk out to winter
06 The bugle sounds again
07 The boy wonders
08 We could send letters
09 Backwards and forwards
10 Oblivious
11 All I need is everything
12 Still on fire
13 The back door to heaven
14 The knife
15 The birth of the truth
16 Down the dip
17 Back on board
18 Jump (Van Halen! cover!!!)

This is the concert:

Aztec Camera - Live Milan 04.11.1984

Kommentare

Anonym hat gesagt…
thank you, thank you for posting this rare aztec camera album. Can you link this to zshare . Thanks


manila boy
Anonym hat gesagt…
Thanks!!!
Anonym hat gesagt…
Hallo Jörg,
Indie scene 1980 geht leider nicht.
Jörg hat gesagt…
Bei uploading.com musst Du vorübergehend die Popups aktivieren, dann funktioniert auch der Download!
Mr Towers hat gesagt…
hey, I just get to your blog googleing for info about the thirteen moons. I run a radio show on a local station and I'm just some minutes to star recording this weeks one. So I was looking for some extra info about them, thanks so much!

I've only a record tape of them, ("you'll find mercy...") but I've always liked the softness of their melancholy. Today I was going to play kind of 4AD music and I thouhgt that somehow T13M's linked quite a bit wit it. Vinyls and CDs of This Mortail Coil, Breeders, Pixies, Mojave 3, TV on Radio, Scott Walker, Beirut, Joy Division and some more are ready in my bag!

Feel free to have a look at my blog, where you can hear/download the shows. They are in catalan, so you'll hardly understand anything, still music is a universal language isn't it?

PS I love Aztec Camera & Roddy Frame too! (but of all the Glasgowigeans I keep on prefereing Orange Juice ;) )

Thanks!
Jörg hat gesagt…
Hello Mr. Towers!

Thank you for your nice comment. I checked your blogs and really like the pictures of the old motorcycles. Although I speak a little spanish, catalan is something different. My hometown Lüchow had a partnership with a catalan city, but I can't remember which.

How can I listen to your radio? I could not find a link.
DreamTime hat gesagt…
Nice one!

always thought that Aztec Camera sounded better Live then Studio.

Hard to find good Live Shows so.

thanx again!
Anonym hat gesagt…
This is great stuff... pls post some more Aztec Camera live recordings... what other live tapes you have?
Anonym hat gesagt…
thank you so very much!

been looking for more aztec camera for awhile

such a good band

hope you can post more albums!

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Indie Scene 1981 + 1982 + 1983 + 1984 + 1985 + 1986

As I will be away for a while here are the missing episodes of this wonderful series of compilations that really shows the diversity of 80s Indie music. All CD rips 192 kb, tracklists in the comments. I had to split most in two parts as they were slightly over 100 MB. Part 1 is on RS, part 2 is on Mediafire. Indie Scene 1981 file 1 Indie Scene 1981 file 2 Indie Scene 1982 file 1 Indie Scene 1982 file 2 Indie Scene 1983 file 1 Indie Scene 1983 file 2 Indie Scene 1984 file 1 Indie Scene 1984 file 2 Indie Scene 1985 file 1 Indie Scene 1985 file 2 Indie Scene 1986 You find 1977 + 78 here and 1979 + 80 here
Hi, Erstellt ein globales Archiv! Findet alles über die 80er heraus. Wie es wirklich war. Wie Ihr sie tatsächlich erlebt habt! Wenn man heute TV-Sendungen über diese Zeit sieht, gibt es nur Nena, Markus und eventuell Trio. Ansonsten aber Spider Murphy Gang, Hubert Kah und Joachim Witt. Der Likedeeler hat mich reaktiviert! Ich kann zwar momentan keine Platten online bringen, aber Cassetten habe ich noch einige! Ich würde mich freuen, wenn dies ein ähnliches Projekt werden könnte wie damals On-U/Adrian Sherwood mit Friend electric, leider scheint der nicht mehr aktiv zu sein. Durchkramt Eure Archive! Lasst Eure Erinnerungen raus! Ich habe schon mit einigen Geschichten in meinem Blog angefangen, jetzt seid ihr dran! Ich freue mich auf viele Kommentare und Uploads auf dem Link unten! Gerne auch alle möglichen Videos! Wo ist das Drei-Minuten-Ei von Lorenz Lorenz bzw. die ganze Sendung (zweiteilig ARD) und alles andere. Jörg   To all my English speaking friends:...

Hallo liebe 14 Leser,

obwohl hier schon seit Ewigkeiten nichts mehr passiert ist, scheint ihr ausgehalten zu haben... Das lag unter anderem an etwas Auf und Ab in meinem Leben. Mittlerweile gibt es wieder etwas Konstanz, neue Posts kann ich allerdings nicht versprechen, da inzwischen auch mein Plattenspieler den Geist aufgegeben hat. Zudem ist bei einem Versuch die Partitionsgröße auf einer HD zu ändern auch der grösste Teil meines Archivs auf dem PC dahin. Hier ist allerdngs ein Film, bei dem jedem Plattensammler das Herz aufgehen sollte. Ich weiss nicht, wie es mit dem bösen C aussieht, denke aber, da er einer von uns ist geht das ok. Sind ca. 700MB aber jedes bit wert! In Zukunft möchte ich gerne sowohl SARAH-Vinyl als auch alte StreetSounds und Electro Platten anbieten. Diese Kombination klingt vielleicht etwas komisch, aber denkt an Age of Chance! Ich hoffe, ich bekomme meinen Phono/Receiver wieder in Gang. Wer in Bielefeld und Umgebung Ahnung davon hat ist jederzeit willkommen! Temporaril...