Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Yacht & Architecture in Helsinki in Bielefeld

So now I have to unclose the mystery of my new place. I moved from Wilhelmshaven to Bielefeld, from one center of the world to another... Well, I didn't really move yet, I still have my flat in Wilhelmshaven, 3 rooms, 70 qm, view to the sea, 5 minutes to the only south beach on the german coast (which I used less than ten times in five years, but now it seems precious...). Now I have two small rooms in a "Wohngemeinschaft" until the end of October. Until then I have to find something new. But it is already better than the first place I had, a very, very tiny appartment in a students home, better than a place in a dorm, but not funny for more than three weeks.

At least there are more concerts here than in Wilhelmshaven. In the five years there I saw Götz Alsmann (some nice CDs over at Der Likedeeler) and Bernd Begemann (search this blog and more to come).

Tonight I was at my first concert in Bielefeld (well, actually the second, as I saw Marc Almond & La Magia here in the PC 69 in 1988 I think. I got in for free, but I think I told that story in one of my earlier Marc Almond posts).

Architecture in Helsinki, with support by Yacht from Portland, home of grunge as he told us. He put up a nice show, together with his laptop. 25 years ago this would have been unthinkable, just a guy with a tape recorder. I remember seeing DAF in the Markthalle Hamburg in June 1981: Robert behind his drum set, Gabi at the mic and lovely Tina Schnekenburger playing the.... tape recorder. Many people couldn't understand why there was no band, but that was the concept. Great!

Yacht reminded me of the Fad Gadget show I saw in Hamburg in 1984, that I posted below. Nice synth (or rather Cubase or something else these young guys use) backings, some cool samples and a very expressionist style of performance. I really liked the part where he jumped into the crowd (not that many) and made them all sit down. When everybody was down, he jumped up! And he can jump! I haven't seen that before, and I have seen a lot, really astonishing.

After the break AiH appeared without saying much, playing their set and went home. I was a little disappointed. The show was great, nothing to worry about, but they played one song after the other, hardly any communication with the audience (except for calling out a prize for the guy who is sweatier than the band after the concert. Maybe they didn't like that the audience cheered them but didn't dance enough). Nobody complained, so I could go home early.

No soundfiles today, as the internet connection here is on WLAN and my room is pretty far away from the router, lots of walls inbetween. I remember surfing faster on a 56k modem. Besides it is a completely open, insecure network, rubbish! I hope I can talk the other people living here in at least changing the encryption and the status.

BTW Does anybody have a clue why my Beckett template disappeared? I already uploaded an earlier version of my template, that I had saved, but it is just the same ugly white background, that looks sooo 1994. Any clues????????

Just found out: the storage of the original template changed, just type Beckett template problems to google and you get the new source code with the correct links. Just copy and paste, easy as pie... If you know it!

Kommentare

Anonym hat gesagt…
Willst Du uns also allen Ernstes erzählen, das es Bielefeld wirklich gibt ??
Jörg hat gesagt…
Ich fürchte ja.

Ich habe auch jahrelang gezweifelt, aber der Horror scheint real zu sein.

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Indie Scene 1981 + 1982 + 1983 + 1984 + 1985 + 1986

As I will be away for a while here are the missing episodes of this wonderful series of compilations that really shows the diversity of 80s Indie music. All CD rips 192 kb, tracklists in the comments. I had to split most in two parts as they were slightly over 100 MB. Part 1 is on RS, part 2 is on Mediafire. Indie Scene 1981 file 1 Indie Scene 1981 file 2 Indie Scene 1982 file 1 Indie Scene 1982 file 2 Indie Scene 1983 file 1 Indie Scene 1983 file 2 Indie Scene 1984 file 1 Indie Scene 1984 file 2 Indie Scene 1985 file 1 Indie Scene 1985 file 2 Indie Scene 1986 You find 1977 + 78 here and 1979 + 80 here
Hi, Erstellt ein globales Archiv! Findet alles über die 80er heraus. Wie es wirklich war. Wie Ihr sie tatsächlich erlebt habt! Wenn man heute TV-Sendungen über diese Zeit sieht, gibt es nur Nena, Markus und eventuell Trio. Ansonsten aber Spider Murphy Gang, Hubert Kah und Joachim Witt. Der Likedeeler hat mich reaktiviert! Ich kann zwar momentan keine Platten online bringen, aber Cassetten habe ich noch einige! Ich würde mich freuen, wenn dies ein ähnliches Projekt werden könnte wie damals On-U/Adrian Sherwood mit Friend electric, leider scheint der nicht mehr aktiv zu sein. Durchkramt Eure Archive! Lasst Eure Erinnerungen raus! Ich habe schon mit einigen Geschichten in meinem Blog angefangen, jetzt seid ihr dran! Ich freue mich auf viele Kommentare und Uploads auf dem Link unten! Gerne auch alle möglichen Videos! Wo ist das Drei-Minuten-Ei von Lorenz Lorenz bzw. die ganze Sendung (zweiteilig ARD) und alles andere. Jörg   To all my English speaking friends:...

Hallo liebe 14 Leser,

obwohl hier schon seit Ewigkeiten nichts mehr passiert ist, scheint ihr ausgehalten zu haben... Das lag unter anderem an etwas Auf und Ab in meinem Leben. Mittlerweile gibt es wieder etwas Konstanz, neue Posts kann ich allerdings nicht versprechen, da inzwischen auch mein Plattenspieler den Geist aufgegeben hat. Zudem ist bei einem Versuch die Partitionsgröße auf einer HD zu ändern auch der grösste Teil meines Archivs auf dem PC dahin. Hier ist allerdngs ein Film, bei dem jedem Plattensammler das Herz aufgehen sollte. Ich weiss nicht, wie es mit dem bösen C aussieht, denke aber, da er einer von uns ist geht das ok. Sind ca. 700MB aber jedes bit wert! In Zukunft möchte ich gerne sowohl SARAH-Vinyl als auch alte StreetSounds und Electro Platten anbieten. Diese Kombination klingt vielleicht etwas komisch, aber denkt an Age of Chance! Ich hoffe, ich bekomme meinen Phono/Receiver wieder in Gang. Wer in Bielefeld und Umgebung Ahnung davon hat ist jederzeit willkommen! Temporaril...