Direkt zum Hauptbereich

80s radio concerts

As I told you earlier, I had several new posts preproduced. I will throw them at you all in one post, as they all were concerts I taped from the radio, predominantly NDR2 or NDR1 Musik für junge Leute.

As I found out during my research, these must have been records sent out by the record companys to the radio stations, as you can sometimes hear some cracks. Some of the concerts have some static noises now and then, but that makes up for authenticity! At least I hope so... Due to the length these are obviously no complete recordings of the concerts, a few tracks are always missing.

So I start with an important part of the gloomy early 80s, Bauhaus. I saw them in the Markthalle Hamburg in late 1981, that's were I took the pic, not at the Old Vic in London from February 1982

Bauhaus - London, Old Vic 0282

A different musical area is ploughed by Yazoo (called Yaz in the States due to legal problems with the old time record label of the same name). Perfect SynthPop! I remember lying in hospital after my motorbike accident in May 1982, listening to BFBS all the time. The mix of horrid informations about the war on the Falklands/Malvinas and then this wonderful little love song, sung by a lot of a woman, backed by fragile electronics, avantgarde in the charts and it scored! I loved it and due to personal experiences, still my number 1 song of all times!!!!!! Unfortunately I didn't find any information about this show, sometime in 1983 somewhere in England I guess.

Yazoo - Live 1983

The next are the ComSat Angels, one of the mostly underrated bands of those years. Their first LP "Waiting for a miracle" was a masterpiece, the followup "Sleep no more" was more gloomy, but great. I think their best work was "Fiction", their LP from 1982, fantastic songs, crystal clear production, nice packaging. This show was recorded in Hamburg, at the Markthalle 25.04.1984. Later I lost track with them, like most I think.

ComSat Angels - Live Hamburg, Markthalle 25.04.1984

The Carmel show was exactly one week after the memorable concert by The Smiths, on 11.05.1984. Great show, some hurt feelings after separating from my girlfriend, still great!

Carmel - Live Hamburg, Markthalle 11.05.1984





Lloyd Cole & the Commotions, two shows from 1985. Number one is defintively the Rockpalast show from 28.02.1985, I don't know much about the second show, definitively 1985, probably Hamburg, date ???

Lloyd Cole & the Commotions - Live Hamburg, Markthalle 28.02.1985

Lloyd Cole & the Commotions - Live Hamburg 1985

The next two posts are a test! I recorded them either in the mp3Pro@96kbps mode as well as in high quality Nero Digital Audio AAC .mp4 format. So maybe someone can tell me which is better. The difference is that for an example the New Order show from Glastonbury is 90 Mb as mp4 or 35 Mb as mp3pro. I can't hear any difference. I usually listen to files on my PC through speakers with a subwoofer system, not on headphones, haven't tried this. The mp3 are on mediafire, the mp4 are on rapidshare.
The problem with mp4 is that the id3 tags are not permanent, at least with Media Monkey, the prog I use for administration of my sound files. Does anybody know a tool to edit the tags on mp4?

The Japan show is from the Hammersmith Odeon on 07.02.1981 broadcast by the BBC, later sold as bootleg "Polaroid".


Japan - Live London Hammersmith Odeon 07.02.1981 mp3


Japan - Live London Hammersmith Odeon 07.02.1981 mp4


You can find more on
Japan here.

The New Order show in Glastonbury is a classic, the first time they played "True faith" live.

New Order - Live in Glastonbury 19.06.1987 mp3

New Order - Live in Glastonbury 19.06.1987 mp4

Kommentare

Anonym hat gesagt…
huh - very nice post!
and finally a bauhaus-bootleg in a good quality...
and yazoo!
and, and...
thank you!

sunbathinglizard
http://sunbathinglizard.wordpress.com
Anonym hat gesagt…
Thank you so much for these concerts - I'm always excited to hear live New Order.

Keep up the great work - it is appreciated.

Best,
Eric
Anonym hat gesagt…
Hi Jörg! I'm listening to The ComSat Angels right now, thank-you very much - it sounds excellent! BTW congratulations on your job.
Anonym hat gesagt…
Hm, irgendwie finde ich den DL Button bei mediafire nicht...
Vorschläge?

Comsat Angels ist aber schon geil!
Gedrückte Daumen für Deinen neuen Job!
Leif
CTV hat gesagt…
Music für junge Leute auf NDR2... Total vergessen, bis Du es jetzt erwähnt hast. Was das am Wochenende, mit dem Smoke On The Water Intro? An Wochentagen war das Abends Der Klub (war das mit dem Layla Intro?).

Das beste Intro war aber Nachmittags: Wade On The Water von Ramsey Lewis. Und das von den Fussballübertragungen am Samstag Nachmittag.
CTV hat gesagt…
Leif, Du musst bei Mediafire ein bisschen warten bis der "Virus Scan" fertig ist. Nach etwa 15 Sekunden kommt der Download Link. Aber das hast Du bestimmt schon selbst herausgefunden.
Anonym hat gesagt…
Hallo Jörg,

ich glaube, ich muss meine alten Kassetten mal wieder raukramen, wir haben dieselben Sendungen mitgeschnitten. Mein Favorit nach all den Jahren ist aber immer noch, Birthday Party/Lydia Lunch aus dem Februar; kurz nach der Schule, am helligten Tag: "Ignore it and it goes away...". Seufz...

Christian
Anonym hat gesagt…
Hat nun alles super geklappt. Meine verd... Ungeduld. :-)
Wohnt der Mayor Dude eigentlich nu in SA oder isser wieder in D?
Leif
frankie teardrop hat gesagt…
stellar blog, good sir. discovered it through a friend who's into mutual things.

i've added you as a link on my own blog, where you might find some more goodies and treats for yourself!
CTV hat gesagt…
Der Any Major Dude wohnt seit 1982 in Südafrika.
Anonym hat gesagt…
Thanks for the 2 Lloyd Cole concerts. Too bad he doesn't sing Forest Fire, but nobody's perfect !
Cheeeerz !
Anonym hat gesagt…
Well, I've no idea how to edit the tags on mp4, sorry, this is just like ancient greek to me.

There's some terrible background noise on a couple of NO Glastonbury tracks, mostly at the beginning of Bizarre love triangle, both on mp3 and mp4.
Thanks anyway. great work.
Cheeers
Imposs1904 hat gesagt…
I can't seem to be able to download the Yazoo concert.

Help!
Jörg hat gesagt…
Hi Darren,

the file is still online, DL works fine on my PC.
Anonym hat gesagt…
mp4 is based on iTunes, which I use myself. There you can edit them, and I've never lost any tags. Any data reduction takes away quality, while sometimes this might not be obvious. I'd always go with the larger file (comparing mp3pro and mp4 here!). Don't know how the original ComSat recording sounds, but the 96k compression sounds quite crappy - due to the loss in detail HiHats and cymbals are simply smeared and rough, which I doubt is the case with the original recording. However, thanks for this blog once again!
Unknown hat gesagt…
I can't hear any difference. I usually listen to files on my PC through speakers with a subwoofer system, not on headphones, haven't tried this. The mp3 are on mediafire, the mp4 are on rapidshare.
The problem with mp4 is that the id3 tags are not permanent, at least with Media Monkey, the prog I use for administration of my sound files. Does anybody know a tool to edit the tags on mp4?
balers

poker facebook

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Indie Scene 1981 + 1982 + 1983 + 1984 + 1985 + 1986

As I will be away for a while here are the missing episodes of this wonderful series of compilations that really shows the diversity of 80s Indie music. All CD rips 192 kb, tracklists in the comments. I had to split most in two parts as they were slightly over 100 MB. Part 1 is on RS, part 2 is on Mediafire. Indie Scene 1981 file 1 Indie Scene 1981 file 2 Indie Scene 1982 file 1 Indie Scene 1982 file 2 Indie Scene 1983 file 1 Indie Scene 1983 file 2 Indie Scene 1984 file 1 Indie Scene 1984 file 2 Indie Scene 1985 file 1 Indie Scene 1985 file 2 Indie Scene 1986 You find 1977 + 78 here and 1979 + 80 here
Hi, Erstellt ein globales Archiv! Findet alles über die 80er heraus. Wie es wirklich war. Wie Ihr sie tatsächlich erlebt habt! Wenn man heute TV-Sendungen über diese Zeit sieht, gibt es nur Nena, Markus und eventuell Trio. Ansonsten aber Spider Murphy Gang, Hubert Kah und Joachim Witt. Der Likedeeler hat mich reaktiviert! Ich kann zwar momentan keine Platten online bringen, aber Cassetten habe ich noch einige! Ich würde mich freuen, wenn dies ein ähnliches Projekt werden könnte wie damals On-U/Adrian Sherwood mit Friend electric, leider scheint der nicht mehr aktiv zu sein. Durchkramt Eure Archive! Lasst Eure Erinnerungen raus! Ich habe schon mit einigen Geschichten in meinem Blog angefangen, jetzt seid ihr dran! Ich freue mich auf viele Kommentare und Uploads auf dem Link unten! Gerne auch alle möglichen Videos! Wo ist das Drei-Minuten-Ei von Lorenz Lorenz bzw. die ganze Sendung (zweiteilig ARD) und alles andere. Jörg   To all my English speaking friends:...

Hallo liebe 14 Leser,

obwohl hier schon seit Ewigkeiten nichts mehr passiert ist, scheint ihr ausgehalten zu haben... Das lag unter anderem an etwas Auf und Ab in meinem Leben. Mittlerweile gibt es wieder etwas Konstanz, neue Posts kann ich allerdings nicht versprechen, da inzwischen auch mein Plattenspieler den Geist aufgegeben hat. Zudem ist bei einem Versuch die Partitionsgröße auf einer HD zu ändern auch der grösste Teil meines Archivs auf dem PC dahin. Hier ist allerdngs ein Film, bei dem jedem Plattensammler das Herz aufgehen sollte. Ich weiss nicht, wie es mit dem bösen C aussieht, denke aber, da er einer von uns ist geht das ok. Sind ca. 700MB aber jedes bit wert! In Zukunft möchte ich gerne sowohl SARAH-Vinyl als auch alte StreetSounds und Electro Platten anbieten. Diese Kombination klingt vielleicht etwas komisch, aber denkt an Age of Chance! Ich hoffe, ich bekomme meinen Phono/Receiver wieder in Gang. Wer in Bielefeld und Umgebung Ahnung davon hat ist jederzeit willkommen! Temporaril...