« Home | I have a job again! Time to celebrate » | Very nice blog: Any major dude with half a heart » | ABC live Musikhalle Hamburg 02.02.1983 » | ZK both LPs » | Back again for the 100.000th visitor (a little too... » | What about comments? ... again » | Lizzy Mercier Descloux back online! » | AFRIKA BAMBAATAA live on BFBS 1983 » | Thirteen Moons update » | Cool video »

MP3PRO

Recently I used mp3pro to encode the music I post here to save harddisk space. Many people maybe thought, 96 kbps, that must be crap. Well it isn't really, but on the other hand it doesn't equal normal mp3@192kbps as I told you before. I just found an article on wikipedia that informed me about mp3pro. It says that mp3pro@80kbps equals mp3@128kbps, so mp3pro@96 should equal mp3@160. MP3PRO CAN BE PLAYED ON ANY MP3PLAYER, but only players that support MP3Pro will get a better sound than with normal players, yet it still is very good sound quality!

I have already recorded some files for future release in mp3pro@96, I won't change them but in the future I will use standard mp3@192kbps again. I think there will be no big flaws, as these are mostly things I recorded from the radio to cassette.

Whatever, these are bootlegs anyway and remember when you bought bootlegs in the 80s! The quality was often much much worse! I have some of that ilk in my collection, but they aren't worth being scanned, because there would be many people arguing about the poor sound quality (and I don't like that also).

Labels:

Congratulations on th job. i've been working temp jobs for about a few years and it is a pain to get something permanent.

Great collection of eighties concerts, especially pleased to see Carmel. I have one album, but can't get enough of 'More, More, More'. Thanks

Kommentar veröffentlichen

About me

  • I'm Jörg
  • From originally Lüchow-Dannenberg, Germany
  • If a link does not work anymore, leave a comment in the newest entry! If you are the copyright holder of any song posted here, please contact me if you would like the song taken down by clicking on My Profile.
My profile


My site is worth $14511.
How much is yours worth?

Who links to me?